Ready, Set, Go!

And off we go with this new project! My group and I have decided on doing a magazine rather than a video for this foundation portfolio project. I am working with Gabriel Menoyo and Jose Carranque. We decided on a magazine simply because we thought it would be able to suit all of our needs better. If we we filming a video it would be more difficult to meet up as a group every weekend due to our schedules.

Also, photography is more of the style of media my group and I are able to more effectively produce. Not only that, but writing is one of my stronger points (stronger than filming), and by doing the magazine I not only show creativity and photography skills, but I also demonstrate my ability to write for purpose.

In the end, a well made magazine can capture the eye of people (even if those people have never seen that magazine name) with a good photo on the cover. But not everyone is going to watch or see a film introduction made by someone not known very well.

We have also planned thus far that the magazine issues we each create should ideally reflect the same idea and the same purpose. If any of that deviates from ideal, it means someone is doing something wrong and there would hopefully be time to fix the mistake.

Basically, that’s all for now! We just need to begin brainstorming genres of magazines. Obviously, we will be more inclined to choosing a magazine that is more photography oriented, since my group and I can execute that task effectively. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and a consensus on a genre quickly comes.

Popular posts from this blog

Double Page Spread Done!

Table Of Contents!

Using Canva!